I hope this communication finds you well.
A summary of key points
- Virtue of the Week
- Student Achievement
- Student Services email
- 2024 Subject Selection
- 2024 Diary Front Cover Competition
- St. Philomena School Trip
This week the staff and students will explore the virtue of Magnificence: Doing great things for God. Whereby we use our talents for good and in honour of our Lord.
- The students who represented the College last week in the School Sport Victoria Basketball and Table Tennis.
- Emily Houston, Myles Youngman and Alexander Robinson for outstanding NAPLAN results.
- Daniel Nivet, David Ockerse, Madeleine Hovens and Brianna Robinson for progressing through to the Alliance Francaise State Final.
With the development of the Student Services position, there has been a change in the communication process here at the College. Rather than emailing the College Office, parents are asked to communicate all issues related to the daily needs of the students with Megan Alexander – [email protected]
Issues including but not limited to:
- Daily attendance
- Late arrival or Early departure
- Medical concerns
- Lost property
The College will hold its 2024 VCE subject selection evening on Thursday 3rd August at 6.30pm. Prior to that the Subject Selection Handbook, which is designed to assist students and their families with their selection of subjects for the 2024 Academic Year will be disseminated this week.
The College recommends that students take the time to read through this Handbook carefully and consult with their parents or carers, the Learning and Teaching Team at the College and other key staff, as they develop their understanding of the different courses being offered at the College in 2024. Over the next few weeks, students will have many opportunities (including the Victorian Careers Expo) to discover more about each Subject, and the various Pathways available to them, in order to make informed decisions about which courses to choose for next year.
The selection process will close on Monday 7 August 2023 at 9.00am.
We will again hold a competition, open to both staff and students to design the 2024 College Diary cover. Students and Staff may enter as many pieces of artwork, as they wish.
The Artwork must:
- Be an original
- Include the College crest, name and year
- Be an accurate representation of the well-rounded Catholic formation and holistic education provided at the College.
The competition will close on Friday 18th August and entries can be forward to [email protected]
One of the major events of the term is the St Philomena’s Trip. This year the College will host the event from Saturday 12th August until Tuesday 15th August. If you are willing, we need to determine how many families are able to accommodate students during the visit, could you please contact the College Administration Office.